Yurt Building Course
August 6th, 7th & 8th £210
In this fun and practical three day course you will learn the basic skills needed to make a full yurt of your own and make your own ‘wheel’ to take home. The wheel is the central roof support and the part requiring the most construction skills.
We will supply full instructions, measurements and specifications to complete the yurt yourself.
Pikea work with project partners Sector39 to deliver a range of courses on practical crafts and woodland skills.
The next course will be held here at Farm2Grow, near Leek in North Staffs and is a three day yurt making course.
- Make and keep your own Yurt wheel
- Learn all the skills required to finish it
- Full detailed instructions and on going support to complete your own low impact structure
We have secured funding to deliver some STEPS courses, which are being integrated into a market gardening course and will involve land based activities.
These courses are FREE to people who fall into the following categories:
- 16+ not in employment or training
- Incapacity Benefit (IB) Claimants
- Jobseekers Allowance (JSA) Claimants
- Lone Parents
- Older potential workers (50+)
- People with learning / or physical disabilities
- Economically inactive people including unemployed people not on benefits, carers, single waged families on low incomes, ex-offenders.
- Ex Service Personnel
- Black and Ethnic Minority Groups and individuals
The courses are run 1 day a week for 8 weeks
On completion each participant will have the opportunity to volunteer within the farm2grow project or be sign posted to further opportunities with associate agencies, and/or other organisations for further development in their chosen field.