The success of Farm2grow depends on the support and dedication of our volunteers.
Farm2Grow volunteers also gain many fulfilling and inspirational opportunities – you could:
- Develop and share new skills that equip you for life and work
- experience diversity and integrate with the community
- make friends with like-minded people
- enhance your CV whilst having fun
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Make a difference both to you and the community
- It can also lead to paid work and influence your career choices
Farm2Grow offers volunteers all types of opportunities:
- Join in field work – Pitch in to help plant, transplant, weed, fence, and harvest while learning first hand about sustainable agriculture
- On the farm – The farm consists of extensive grounds and plantings all of which needs to be maintained
- In our tunnel – plant seeds, maintain and water, transplant, and monitor our plants for the farm fields. Learn hands-on about growing plants and operating a commercial greenhouse
- Wildlife &Farm Animals – Our farm animals need to be kept fed and watered with clean bedding/shelter
- In the Office – We can always use office help
How to become a volunteer at Farm2Grow
Farm2Grow has a protocol and process for recruiting, supporting and maintaining volunteers.
In order to become a volunteer with farm2grow the following stages must be completed:
Stage 1 Download an application form using the link below or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy, if you would be prefer a paper copy of the application form please telephone 01782 551833 during office hours
Stage 2 Return either via post or e-mail to the addresses stated on the application form itself.
Stage 3 Once we have received a completed application form that meets the farm2grow volunteer criteria, the applicant will then be invited for an interview, at which point, references provided will be contacted.
If the company feels the person is suitable, they are offered a volunteer placement with a three months probationary period in which they will undertake an induction and introduction to the project.
The position will be offered subject to a satisfactory CRB clearance check being carried out.